Water Heater Services For Lafayette
Water heaters are an essential part of the home. This is because they help provide water for showers, dishes, and laundry. Often, we don’t really think about our tankless water heaters because we figure we set them up and forget them. Then, issues start arising and you don’t know what to do.
Below are the most common issues with regular and tankless water heaters:
- Lack of hot water: If you are noticing that there is a lack of water, it could mean that the water can not meet the demand that it needs to function properly.
- Heating issues: If you turn on your hot water tap and no hot water comes out, it could be a sign that the tankless water heater is not functioning.
- Leaking: Leaking isn’t normal, so if you are noticing this, it may be time to replace your water heater.
- Making strange sounds: Any bizarre sound that you hear from the water heater, you may have an issue with it, and needs to be investigated.
- Error codes or blinking lights: Seeing this on water heaters usually indicate that something is wrong with it. You should refer to the manual that came with it to see what it means.
If you are experiencing one or most of these symptoms, here is what you can do about it:
- Check the circuit breaker or fuse to ensure that the unit is receiving power.
- Check the gas and water supply lines to ensure that they are not blocked or closed.
- Make sure that the air filter is clean and not clogged.
- Check the settings on the unit to ensure that they are correct.
- Look for any blockages in the pipes, particularly near the unit.
If none of these steps solve the problem, you can contact us and we will come to look at your tankless water heater.
Do You Need Maintenance?
As you may know, regular maintenance of water heaters is important. This means flushing the unit and replacing the air filter will help prolong the life of the unit and ensure that it functions properly.
However, if you don’t want to do this kind of maintenance, we can do it for you. Here’s what we do:
- We can flush the unit, check for leaks, check the temperature and pressure relief valve, check the anode rod, and replace the air filter.
- We may also check the connections to the gas and water supply lines to ensure they are secure and tightened.
- Come upon a regularly agreed schedule to ensure your water heater doesn’t have issues.
Keep in mind that tankless water heaters require more maintenance than traditional water heaters. This is because it has complicated components, so it’s a good idea to have it checked by a professional, at least once a year.
Water Heater Services
Whether you’re in need of tankless water heater installation, repair, or maintenance, or are experiencing any other plumbing-related issues in the Lafayette area, our experienced and licensed plumbers can help you with all of your tankless water needs.
Give us a call today- (765) 414-2080 if you need a quote on installing your tankless water heater or need repairs!