Camera Inspections For Drains
At Anderson Plumbing (of Lafayette, IN), we use state-of-the-art drain and sewer cameras to diagnose and repair problems with your plumbing. It allows us to find problems in your drains such as blockages, cracks, and other issues may be the problem.
Here are some of the problems these specialized cameras can find in your plumbing.
What Drain Cameras Can Find
- Blockages: Drain cameras can be used to locate blockages caused by debris, hair, grease, and other materials that can accumulate in a drain.
- Tree roots: Trees and other plants can grow roots that can penetrate and damage drain pipes, causing blockages or even breaks.
- Structural defects: Drain cameras can be used to identify defects in the pipe, such as cracks, holes, or collapse, that can lead to blockages or leaks.
- Misaligned or Offset pipes: Drain cameras can detect if the pipe has been installed incorrectly or shifted over time, causing issues in the drainage system.
- Deterioration: Drain cameras can help identify areas of corrosion, rust, or other forms of deterioration that can weaken the pipe and make it more likely to fail.
What Sewer Cameras Can Find
- Roots: Trees and other plants can grow roots that can penetrate and damage sewer pipes.
- Grease: Fats, oils, and grease can build up on the walls of a pipe, creating blockages that can reduce flow and cause backups.
- Debris: Pipes can become clogged with all sorts of debris, including leaves, paper products, and other materials that are not meant to be disposed of in the sewer.
- Cracks and breaks: Pipes can become damaged over time due to age, ground movement, or other factors, which can result in cracks or breaks that can allow water and other materials to leak out of the pipe.
- Faults and Leaks: Corrosion, cracking, shifting, and other issues can cause failure in the pipe, which can lead to leaks and other problems.
Once the problem is located, our team can use the information from the camera inspection to determine the best course of action. For example, if a blockage is causing the problem, our technicians may use a hydro jet to clear it away. If a crack is causing the problem, our team can repair it with epoxy or patch it with a liner.
The entire purpose of using these cameras is to save time on digging and even more damage to your plumbing. With these inspection cameras, we can find and treat your issues without costing you more money.
As always, it’s important that the drains and sewer lines are maintained. It may not be on the top of your list because you assume once the problem is fixed, it’ll never happen again.
Camera Inspection Services
With Anderson Plumbing at your service, we can schedule regular maintenance to make sure that your drains and sewers are in tip-top shape with a camera inspection.
Using our drain or sewer cameras, we can diagnose issues almost right away, which means it’ll save you money in the long run.
If you’re having drain or sewer problems and are in the Lafayette, IN area, give us a call- (765) 414-2080 and we can come over and help you restore your plumbing back the way it should be!